Kathryn Spurgeon writes inspirational historical fiction based on true stories.
Kathryn loves to research and analyze history to find God’s work in families and individuals. She also likes to make sushi with international students, go exploring with her grandchildren, and lounge in a hammock on the farm. A poet at heart, she writes to reveal God displayed in our everyday lives.
- Adoptive mother. Living in South Korea for two years in her early twenties, she spent time in an orphanage and adopted two Korean baby girls.
- Single mom. During 18 years as a single mom, she went from welfare to college to owning a large corporation.
- Career. As a single mom with three children, she earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Oklahoma and became a CPA. The medical company she owned took care of the medical needs of over 4,000 prisoners and hired over 100 personnel.
- Speaker. She has taught Bible classes for more than 20 years, ranging from women’s studies to financial freedom classes, and spoken at many conferences.
- Counselor. As a Director of the Oklahoma Jail and Prison Ministry for 12 years, she ministered to more than 200 inmates. She has several Counseling Certificates.
- Ministry. She and her husband, Bill, hold weekly Bible studies in their home for international college students.
- Writer. She has amassed a multitude of writings through the years, and published numerous stories, articles, and poems.
Her home church, Henderson Hills Baptist Church, is in Edmond, Oklahoma.
She and her husband are blessed with 6 children and 12 grandchildren.