Kathryn Spurgeon writes inspirational historical fiction based on true stories.
Kathryn loves to analyze history to find God’s work in families and individuals. She also likes to make sushi with international students, go exploring with her grandchildren, and lounge in a hammock on the farm. A poet at heart, she writes to reveal God displayed in everyday lives.
Her home church, Henderson Hills Baptist Church, is in Edmond, Oklahoma. She and her husband are blessed with 6 children and 13 grandchildren.
- Adoptive mother. Spent time in a Korean orphanage and adopted two babies.
- Single mom. Eighteen years.
- Career. Bachelor’s degree from the University of Oklahoma and CPA. Her medical company scared for more than 4,000 prisoners.
- Speaker. Taught Bible classes for more than 20 years.
- Counselor. Director of the Oklahoma Jail and Prison Ministry for 12 years. Has Counseling Certificates.
- Ministry. Hold Bible studies in their home for international college students.
- Author. Published numerous stories, articles, poems, and books.